Procedures Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Develops, writes, edits and indexes university policy and procedure
manuals. Communicates extensively and works collaboratively with
university departments to create and improve policies, procedures
and administrative manuals. Manages the master index to university
policies and procedures using indexing software to create and update
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Participates in policy and procedure development to help
ensure accuracy, consistency and clarity in administrative
- Edits policies, procedures and other materials for manuals.
- Researches sources cited in policies and procedures.
- Assists department personnel in identifying conflicting
policies and procedures to resolve conflicts and revise manuals
- Creates and/or edits indexes for administrative manuals, as
needed, using indexing software.
- Manages publication of the master index twice annually,
which involves editing, updating and creating the component
indexes using indexing software, having other units review
components, coordinating components to produce the integrated
master index, editing several drafts of the integrated master
index, preparing the publication copy and assisting with
distribution of the published index.
- Assists in maintaining and communicating standards for
policy and procedure writing and manual development by
consulting members of the university community or participating.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public
administration emphasizing effective organization,
administration, management and communication.
- Knowledge of grammar including usage and punctuation.
- Knowledge of editorial standards and practices.
- Skill in analyzing organizational problems and identifying
- Skill in expressing ideas and information clearly, concisely
and accurately, both orally and in writing.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information
Systems (MIS) or a related field emphasizing written and oral
communication AND two years of experience working in procedural or
management analysis; OR, Six years experience working in procedural
or management analysis; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Production Technician Job Description