Media Specialist Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides faculty and staff with research, development and project
management for implementation of effective video, film, audio, print
and other media projects from inception to completion.
third in a series of four classifications. It is distinguished from
the Media Specialist in that incumbents in this classification have
project management responsibility, conduct necessary research,
handle complex media projects and work very closely with clients.
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors or coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Consults and negotiates with clients to determine project
objectives and production requirements such as equipment,
facility and material resources required; determines, modifies
and proposes production plans to client.
- Develops project budget by considering production,
evaluation and distribution requirements; monitors budget
through completion of project.
- Develops project deadlines by estimating time required for
each component of project; monitors production schedule through
completion of project.
- Schedules, assigns and monitors work of production team;
determines standards of performance and ensures quality control
standards are implemented.
- Produces video productions by determining logistics such as
special effects, location, graphics and background essential for
video production. Produces audio projects and ensures components
meet quality control standards.
- Writes scripts for media productions; matches style and
complexity to objectives, content and design. Conducts necessary
research to obtain accurate and up to date information.
- Plans assessment and evaluation of production; creates
evaluation instrument, schedules formal evaluations and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in production of
media related projects.
- Knowledge and skill in conceptualizing production ideas.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Instructional Technology,
Communications or related field AND four years production and media
design experience; OR, Seven years experience in production and
media design; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Media Technician Job Description