Insulator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
insulation material to exposed surfaces of equipment.
first in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to the HVAC Assistant Supervisor. Working
conditions include restricted movement, dirty environment, air
contamination, extreme temperatures, and hazardous materials.
Examples of Duties:
- Applies insulating materials to exposed surfaces of
equipment, such as boilers, tanks, hot or cold air ducts or
pipes, and steam generators, for the purpose of insulating,
protecting or dampening.
- Lays out, cuts, forms, and shapes insulation.
- Applies cements, foams, and adhesives to insulation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods and materials for insulating.
- Skill in fabricating, laying out, and installing insulation.
years of experience in insulation; OR, Completion of a four year
federally approved technical training program AND two years of
experience in insulation; OR, Any equivalent combination of
education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: International Student Services Assistant Job Description