Custodial Services Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
in supervising custodians in the planning and coordinating of a
fourth in a series of five classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Custodial Services Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the work activities of subordinates.
- Participates in planning, coordinating and staffing of work
activities for the custodial work force.
- Monitors the inspection of buildings and facilities to
insure all standards are being met.
- Participates in developing work standards and practices for
- Participates in developing policies and procedures.
- Participates in establishing and scheduling major custodial
- Participates in budget preparation and recommends the
purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Assists subordinate supervisors with personnel problems
involving custodial workers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques, and
standard activities of staff.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Skill in leading the work of others.
years of custodial experience, which includes two years in a
supervisory capacity; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Custodial Services Supervisor Job Description