Computing Manager Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and organizes activities of a small computing section in areas such
as a Computing Research Lab, University Administrative Systems, or
Academic Computing. Manages workload of technical personnel
establishing work schedules and assignments.
first in a series of three classifications and would typically
report to a Computing Manager or Principal Computing Manager.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Provides technical expertise and direction in
software/hardware applications, systems projects and problems.
- Recommends actions to improve workflow, simplify operational
and reporting procedures, and improve performance standards.
Performs performance evaluations for subordinate employees.
- Maintains work, time and cost records.
- Writes a status report, including conclusions and
recommendations for solution of problems.
- Acts on behalf of the manager in their absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of computing
equipment, software and its application.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information
Systems AND five years of directly related computing experience,
which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR, Seven years
of directly related computing experience, which includes one year of
supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computing Manager Principal Job Description