Building Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
facilities and offices of assigned buildings on University campus in
accordance with established routines and procedures. Working
conditions include restricted movement, dirty and noisy environment,
lifts or carries heavy objects; handling, mixing and using
commercial cleaning products.
classification is not part of a series. General instructions are
received daily from designated supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Sweeps, mops, polishes and strips floors in rooms and halls.
- Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds, and equipment.
- Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers.
- Vacuums, spot cleans, and/or shampoos rugs, carpets, and
furniture using commercial-type vacuum cleaners and shampooing
- Stocks area with appropriate supplies.
- Locks and unlocks doors as directed.
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required.
- May replace light bulbs.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning products and equipment.
- Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
Next: Building Automation Systems Specialist Job Description