Advertising Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Establishes and promotes advertisement programs for periodicals.
Motivates and supervises subordinate staff and teaches them how to
sell, design and create advertising for publications.
second in a series of two classifications and typically reports to
the Director of Publications.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Initiates promotional programs and monitors to evaluate
effectiveness by the level of the sales of advertising.
- Organizes sales force, laying out territories and assigning
sales representatives to territories.
- Recommends the establishment of advertising rates,
mechanical specifications and promotional policies, such as,
appropriateness of inserts, acceptance policy for advertisements
and extra charges for special services.
- Checks ad layouts for accuracy and ensures that deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of process involved in periodical publications.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
two years advertising sales experience; OR, Six years of advertising
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which
Next: Aerobics Instructor Job Description