Travel Education Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and implements travel education program including planning and
arranging tours, preparation of promotional material and preparing
lectures pertaining to tours. Incumbents in this classification are
required to travel with all tours.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Plans travel education tours for groups; determines tour
location and time.
- Makes all arrangements prior to tour; contacts and confirms
reservations with motels, transportation companies, restaurants
- Makes pre-trip visits to tour locations to plan itinerary.
- Prepares promotional materials such as brochures and press
releases to advertise each tour; distributes materials.
- Prepares lectures and teaches classes on history, culture,
ecology and geology of areas visited on tour.
- Serves as tour director on scheduled tours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in tour arrangement procedures and
- Knowledge of geology and history of the State of Arizona.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Leisure Studies or related field AND one year
experience in planning tours; OR, Five years experience in planning
tours; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
Next: Tutor Job Description