Student Services Coordinator Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
general direction, provide coordination of student services
functions to the students enrolled in a degree program of study,
budget coordination, and supervision of subordinate staff ensuring
that the identified goals and objectives of the program are
accomplished in accordance with established priorities, standards of
quality and customer service.
the third in a series of three classifications. Although many of the
same duties are performed by this job as the Student Services
Coordinator, this job is distinguished from the latter as the Senior
position: exercises more autonomy; coordinates and makes decisions
impacting a wide scope; affects a larger student population
resulting in greater impact and exposure. The Senior classification
has fiscal responsibilities that include budget planning and
decision making based on budget considerations; and supervision of
Student Services Coordinator and other support staff.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides administration of and coordination of program
activities and services for the students in a degree program.
Interprets program procedures, policies, goals and objectives.
Counsels and confers with students providing technical guidance
and problem resolution.
- Coordinates and administers student services to enrolled
students, such as course registration, graduation processing,
petitioning, program documentation, computer accounts, second
year concentration, information sessions, receptions, and annual
student orientation program. Plans and coordinates annual
masterís convocation as member of the convocation committee.
- Maintains student records on computer-based databases;
create reports for administration; provide contact point for
enrolled student information.
- Develops internal systems and materials for delivery of
- Liaisons with program students, faculty, staff,
administration, and external constituencies in facilitating
program objectives. Develops and implement new or revised
program policies, goals and objectives; present recommendations
- Performs need assessment, evaluate and analyze student
services' activity effectiveness; develop recommendations;
implement and take appropriate action to ensure efficiencies and
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, professional
development seminars, and as member of various college and
university committees. Represents program at various community
and student functions.
- Facilitates implementation of curriculum goals and
objectives as established by faculty; provides necessary
classroom setup, equipment and materials as specified; provides
staff support in production of curriculum materials.
- Prepares and presents budget proposal and recommendations,
makes and authorizes expenditures in accordance with established
- Serves as staff liaison to program's student organizations.
Assists in development of and provides guidance in development
of proposals seeking funding from internal and external sources.
- Supervises student services coordinator staff, part-time
undergraduate student assistants and part-time graduate
assistants. Determines work priorities of subordinates.
- Develops program information flyers, internal forms, and
various materials to facilitate student-related activities and
procedures and student success in the program.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings, seminars, and
orientations for faculty and students. Coordinates logistics,
scheduling and participant communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities
of self and others.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment
AND four years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR,
Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two
years administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Eight years
of progressively responsible administrative/ coordinate program
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Student Support Coordinator Job Description