Radiology Technologist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs radiology procedures on clients in a university student
health center for diagnostic purposes.
the first of a series of two classifications. Incumbents are
required to lift or turn clients and work with potentially hazardous
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises and terminates assigned
employees, or makes suggestions and recommendations that are
given particular weight regarding the employment status of
- Positions and prepares clients for radiology procedures,
deciding on techniques and views to best demonstrate injury or
- Adjusts x-ray machine to proper setting for each
examination; determines type of exposure and size of film
- Coordinates the processing and/or processes and develops
x-ray films by using an x-ray developing processor machine;
gives developed x-rays to clinician to read.
- Enters radiology procedure data into computer, coding data
for billing purposes.
- May type radiology reports from dictaphone and deliver
report to clinician.
- Formulates new positioning techniques to better serve the
- Maintains records, reports and files of x-ray procedures
- Inventories and requisitions supplies.
- Schedules client appointments with outside providers for
tests not performed in a student health center.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment.
- Purges outdated film and moves into storage area.
- Maintains x-ray equipment by adding chemicals, performing
minor repairs and keeping equipment in clean working order.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of radiographic procedures and standards.
- Skill in operation of radiology equipment.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Completion of a two-year training program from an accredited school
of radiology technology AND two years of radiology technologist
experience. Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT). Licensed by the State of Arizona Medical
Radiologic Technologist Board of Examiners.
Next: Radiology Technologist Senior Job Description