Printing and Reproduction Services Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates daily activities of university satellite copy center or
bindery operation and/or performs the more complex and technically
involved set-up and operation of equipment.
second in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the Printing and Reproduction Services Clerk in that incumbents in
this classification lead the work of Printing and Reproduction
Services Clerks and/or perform the more complex and technically
involved set-up and operation of equipment. Incumbents work within
deadlines inherent to the duplicating production industry. This
classification is distinguished from the Printing and Reproduction
Services Supervisor in that incumbents do not have full supervisory
responsibilities and/or typically oversee a smaller operation.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates work of Printing and Reproduction Services
Clerks; prioritizes and distributes workload, demonstrates
proper work methods; trains and schedules employees and
- Maintains accurate records of work in progress; checks and
logs work orders and prepares monthly activities report.
- Establishes quality standards and checks completed jobs for
adherence to standards; recommends improved techniques and
procedures for area.
- Maintains supply inventory and orders supplies according to
- Confers with clients regarding job order processing time and
cost effectiveness of various methods and materials; provides
estimates of job order costs.
- Resolves conflicts that arise concerning job specifications
or production times directly with customer service
representative or customer.
- Maintains copy center collating and bindery equipment making
adjustments as necessary; monitors service contracts and
arranges for repair service as required; performs minor repairs
and preventative maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Recommends new equipment purchases to supervisor.
- Prepares cash deposits and maintains daily cash records;
balances departmental accounts and bills user departments.
- Sets up and/or operates the more complicated and involved
duplicating/photo copying machines, bindery machines, machine
stapler, punch press and related equipment to enable operation
by Printing and Reproduction Services clerks.
- Oversees deliveries of finished bound jobs and coordinates
the delivery and receipt of off-campus bindery jobs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of printshop and photocopy safety standards and
- Knowledge and skill in the use, maintenance and repair of
various photocopy and bindery equipment.
- Skill in coordinating and overseeing work of subordinate
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years experience in the operation of bindery or photocopying
equipment operation which includes one year lead experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor Job Description