Office Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
supervises, and schedules a section of office employees whose duties
are specialized and involve varied procedures and methods.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. It is
distinguished from Office Specialist Senior in that the primary
function of the Office Supervisor is supervisory which they spend
the majority of their time on. This classification is used for large
centralized areas and incumbents have direct responsibility for
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises activities of subordinates.
- Plans, schedules, allocates and prioritizes workload to meet
- Develops, implements and revises work methods and
- Establishes, monitors and ensures adherence to quality and
- Recommends departmental policy development and revision to
supervisor; updates related departmental manuals.
- Recommends organizational adjustments to efficiently and
effectively accomplish assigned objectives.
- Initiates or coordinates the preparation of reports and
maintenance of records pertaining to the operation of the work
- Assists with the more specialized and difficult work
activities of subordinates.
- Initiates and coordinates complex projects with other
departments and interacts with other department personnel to
- Prepares budget recommendation for assigned work unit and
monitors or administers budget throughout year.
- Ensures reliability and accuracy of departmental computer
data bases and/or paper files.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of standard practices in area of assignment.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of office/clerical experience which includes two years of lead
experience; OR, Associate's degree in Office Administration,
Business Administration or a related field AND four years of
clerical/administrative experience which includes two years of lead
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Outreach Counselor Job Description