Laborer Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs manual labor for grounds construction or building
construction. This is first in a series of three classifications and
is an entry level unskilled position. This classification typically
reports to the Labor Crew Chief.
description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and
responsibilities that may be required of employees given this title.
It shall not be construed as determining what the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign,
direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs construction demolition using jackhammer.
- Core drills through brick, block, and concrete and saws
- Digs trenches or pits.
- Patches asphalt streets.
- Places and picks up barricades.
- Drives a truck and unloads materials and equipment at job
- Provides labor for other trades.
- Installs campus signage and fencing.
- Cleans shop and job site.
- Cleans cooling towers and equipment.
- Sandblasts and removes graffiti.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Skill in performing routine manual labor.
- Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
prior experience required. Possession of a current Arizona Type D
driver's license upon employment.
Next: Landscape Architectural Coordinator Job Description