Enrollment Services Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises daily activities of subordinate personnel. Determines
work methods and procedures and monitors work flow to insure
efficient processing of various departmental forms and related
paperwork. Oversees and manages unit budget to ensure that the
identified enrollment services goals and objectives are accomplished
in accordance with priorities, time limitations, staffing
limitations, funding specifications, standards of quality and
a specialized classification and not part of a series. It typically
supervises clerical staff in support of the enrollment function.
Examples of Duties:
- Manages and directs Admissions and Records services,
including a broad range of enrollment activities and services
for prospective and current students.
- Sets priorities and unit strategic goals based on the unit
and divisionís mission; interprets enrollment procedures,
policies, goals and objectives; counsels and confers with
faculty, staff, and students and provides technical guidance and
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Resolves complex and non-routine processing problems
requiring policy interpretation such as determining course
competencies and interpretation of various grading systems.
- Evaluates unit funding needs and formulates the annual
budget request; manages and coordinates unit expenditures based
on funding allocation and relevant policies.
- Develops and maintains various procedural manuals; updates
and creates new manuals as procedures are changed and developed.
- Maintains information for various reports; prepares reports
to supervisory such as departmental activity reports.
- Serves as liaison between enrollment and technology
services; confers with technology services regarding department
needs; recommends changes or additions to current system to
enhance effectiveness of department.
- Develops and implements appropriate automation strategies
and methods for admissions and student tracking in collaboration
with technology services; creates reports for division and
- Oversees testing services, including admission,
certification, credit and correspondence testing; conducts group
testing; manages testing registration functions; explores
computerized testing opportunities; and coordinates on-campus
- Serves as liaison with faculty, staff, administration and
external constituencies in facilitating enrollment objectives.
- Develops and implements new or revised policies, goals and
objectives; presents recommendations to administration.
- Performs duties of subordinate personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in standard office practices.
- Knowledge in enrollment policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting techniques and practices.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in preparing and overseeing budget expenditures.
- Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities
of self and others.
Bachelorís degree in Public Administration AND two years enrollment
experience which includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Six
years enrollment experience which includes one year supervisory
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or
experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that
indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment
may substitute for up to six months experience.
Next: Environmental Compliance Technician Job Description