Computer Graphic Artist Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
word charts, graph and illustration slides for presentations on a
computer generated graphics system. Works closely with clients to
determine needs for an effective presentation.
third in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the Computer Graphics Artist Senior in that incumbents oversee the
activities of the Computer Graphic section and monitor the
activities of Computer Graphics Artists and Computer Graphic Artists
Senior. Maintains responsibility for quality control of slide
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors activities of subordinates.
- Consults and evaluates clients needs to provide effective
- Inputs graphics into computerized system that produces
finished presentation slides.
- Produces proof for clients, investigate software and system
problems and determine solutions, and insure an effective
retrieval and archive systems are in use.
- Monitors quality control by checking slides for accuracy,
design, color, format standards, and legibility, processes film
and mounts slides, monitors inventory and supplies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of design, layout and illustration.
- Knowledge of typography and statistical data display and
- Knowledge and understanding of basic personal computer
- Skill in coordinating the work of others.
- Skill in typing.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or related field
AND four years experience in commercial design, which includes one
year experience in computer graphics; OR, Eight years of graphic or
commercial design experience, which includes one year of computer
graphics and supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Graphic Artist Senior Job Description