Admissions Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises daily activities of subordinate personnel. Determines
work methods and procedures and monitors work flow to insure
efficient processing of various departmental forms and related
paperwork. Incumbents in this classification must be knowledgeable
in undergraduate admissions procedures.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Typically
supervises clerical staff and Credential Evaluators.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Resolves complex and non-routine processing problems
requiring policy interpretation such as determining course
competencies and interpretation of various grading systems.
- Develops and maintains various procedural manuals; updates
and creates new manuals as procedures are changed and developed.
- Maintains information for various reports; prepares reports
for supervisor such as department activity reports.
- Serves as liaison between admissions and computer services;
confers with computer services regarding department needs;
recommends changes or additions to current system to enhance
effectiveness of department.
- Performs duties of subordinate personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in standard office practices.
- Knowledge of admissions policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in supervisory practices and principles.
- Skills in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
one year admissions experience, which includes one year supervisory
experience; OR, Five years admissions experience, which includes 1
year of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Advertising Representative Job Description