Sample Engineer Resume
Engineer Resume Tips
is a vital document for engineer. Your resume should convey some
of these important traits:
Engineering Resume Example
Below is a typical engineer resume layout. Consider revision
for your use.
JOHN (OR JANE) DOE
123 Anywhere Avenue
Anytown, RI 01234
1995-Present Bachelor of Science Degree Candidate in
(department name) Engineering
- University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Anticipated Date of Graduation: 1998
1994 Associates Degree in Engineering Technology
- University of Northern Colorada, Greely, CO
1995-1996 Jones, Smith and Martin, Consulting Engineers,
Rapid City, SD
- Assistant Engineer: Designed machine parts for testing
rigs. Performed material characterization using a Scanning
Electron Microscope (SEM). Assisted in setting up a data
acquisition system by programming in HP BASIC. Created input
files for Finite Element Analysis codes. Utilized
microcomputers to program in LOTUS 123 and CAD/CAM, and a
microvax to program in FORTRAN.
1994-1995 The Fisherman Co. Inc., Geotechnical Consultants,
- Civil Engineering Intern: Site exploration, evaluation
and inspection. Laboratory testing and analysis of soils.
Evaluation of geotechnical engineering properties of soils.
Slope stability analysis. Engineering report preparation.
1993-1994 J. W. Smith and Company, Inc., Aurora, CO
- Cashier/Stock Clerk: Cashier for sporting goods
department; assisted customers with the selection and
purchase of various sporting goods items; Maintained
department inventory data; routinely stocked shelves and
checked status of orders.
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION and AFFILIATIONS:
- Engineer in Training Certificate, State of Rhode Island
- Student Member, American Society of (discipline)
Engineers (AS E) - (1994-Present)
- Member, Association of National Engineers (ANE) -
HONORS and AWARDS:
- Member of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- John Q. Public Scholarship Award Recipient (1992)
REFERENCES: Available upon request.