Water Systems Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
organizes and oversees water production and treatment systems.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Plans, organizes and coordinates all activities relating to
the production, treatment, delivery, and maintenance of potable
and non-potable water systems.
- Coordinates water production, expansion, and quality
activities with various federal, state, and local water planning
- Coordinates the monitoring and treatment of boiler, cooling
tower, swimming pools, and well water and associated equipment.
- Maintains records of water quality, usage, treatment, and
production; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Identifies and recommends solutions concerning operational
and personnel problems; participates in establishment and
implementation of work and safety standards.
- Develops and coordinates the preparation and maintenance of
water system cost effectiveness studies and programs; assists in
department budget preparation.
- Develops bid specifications for purchase of new equipment;
participates in bid reviews and contract awards.
- Coordinates a wide variety of water chemical analyses to
- Monitors and projects impact of legislation and regulations
concerning ground water.
- Provides technical assistance to other University
departments and agencies as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of water treatment and production systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legislation and
regulations governing water usage and treatment.
- Skill in both written and verbal communication.
Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry AND five years of water
treatment and production experience or environmental engineering
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
been achieved. Certification as a Water Operator, Grade 04 is
Next: Welder Job Description