Voice Coach Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides musical accompaniment and coaching of singers for
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Coaches singers to assist them in improving their diction
and especially in the proper singing of foreign languages.
- Provides musical accompaniment on the piano for rehearsals.
- Assists in coaching singers in the roles to be performed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of foreign languages in which operas are sung.
- Knowledge of singing techniques.
- Skill and facility in piano playing.
Bachelor's degree in Music with major course work in piano or
instrument appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Four years
experience in piano or instrument appropriate to the area of
assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Water Treatment Maintenance Specialist Job Description