Testing Proctor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
with the administration of large scale, nationally standardized
testing programs and/or classroom tests requiring special
arrangements. Incumbents in this classification may report to a
first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from
the Testing Supervisor in that incumbents do not work independently
in the determination of the date and time of tests, do not have
supervisory responsibilities and do not make facility arrangements.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists with the protection of secure, highly confidential
and valuable documents by maintaining inventory, logs and
- Counts tests; places tests in numerical order; distributes
answer sheets and test booklets.
- Verifies candidates' identification and seats them
- Checks for breaches of test security and notifies supervisor
in difficult situations.
- Assists in clarifying test instructions for candidates.
- Collects test materials at end of testing period.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Completion of one semester of standardized test administration; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Testing Supervisor Job Description