Technology Support Analyst Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides support to users of information technology tools. Usually
as a team leader, researches, analyzes, plans, and implements
technology infrastructure, provides expert consulting, instruction,
and troubleshooting, maintains active communications with users and
with other involved in providing technology tools and services, and
mentors other technology support staff.
the sixth in a series of six classifications. Incumbents at this
level are typically experts and planning and support leaders for an
entire subject area or for a large group of users, and spend
considerable time in leading and coordinating major projects.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains a high degree of technical knowledge and expertise
in a technology subject area; leads support for the area,
including infrastructure development and improvement, publicity,
training, expert troubleshooting and advice, vendor interface,
- Usually as a team leader, identifies needs and researches,
analyzes, plans for and implements technology products and
associated use and support procedures.
- Acts as a technology liaison for one or more groups of
customers: understands the groupís interests and technology
needs, advocates for them inside and outside of the university,
maintains regular communications with them on technology topics,
helps with technology planning, and facilitates solutions to
- Mentors other technical support staff on systems analysis,
troubleshooting, and customer support techniques.
- Develops and delivers instructional short courses on the use
of technology products, and provides personalized instruction
one-on-one to meet specialized needs.
- Configures and installs server and network hardware and
- Uses applications software such as database management
systems, Web page development tools, desktop publishing tools,
programming languages, and presentation tools to develop custom
products to meet user needs.
- Collaborates and teams with others on a variety of
technology and technology support projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of a technology subject area
sufficient to provide expert planning, trouble-shooting and
- Knowledge of a variety of relevant technology tools
sufficient to assess their relevancy and cost-effectiveness for
a particular need and to combine them effectively.
- Knowledge of process improvement methods and approaches.
- Skill in developing and delivering instruction.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems with computer
hardware and software.
- Skill in using applications software to develop custom
- Considerable skill in communicating with and serving
customers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to mentor technical support staff.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Bachelorís degree in technology or related field AND six years'
experience providing information technology services; OR, Ten years
experience providing information technology services; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools
and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to
six months of experience.
Next: Technology Support Analyst Principal Job Description