Technology Services Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Consults with and advises users in the use of equipment, software,
and/or data communications. Troubleshoots, repairs, services,
maintains, and installs computers, modems, communication networks,
terminals, printers, high speed laser printers, copiers, fax
machines, typewriters, and associated peripheral equipment to
second in a series of five classifications. Incumbents in this
classification perform complex, highly technical diagnostic and
repair activities and provide direction to lower level technicians.
Incumbents work independently and prioritize work requests and
repairs visiting sites or transporting equipment to shop. Some
lifting of equipment is required.
Examples of Duties:
- Visits departments in response to service requests or phone
calls to test equipment, diagnose problems, and determine needed
- Repairs computers, terminals, printers, high-speed laser
printers, copiers, fax machines, typewriters, and associated
peripheral equipment to component level.
- Contacts vendors to discuss and define problems and
solutions, to arrange for outside repair, and to configure or
- Installs and/or assists in installation of software packages
and/or equipment to include configuration of software/hardware.
- Inventories assigned parts; tests and recommends parts and
tools needed to stock shop and repair equipment.
- Researches repair parts, maintenance history, manuals,
schematics, technical bulletins, manufacturer's hot lines, and
talks with industry technical experts to determine feasibility
- Documents repair or work completed and/or estimates time and
cost of needed repair for customers.
- Markets organizational service and sales offerings to
departments; recommends hardware technology improvements.
- Recommends to management the needs of equipment site
including air conditioning, power requirements, grounding needs,
equipment hardware connection configuration, and facility
modification as required.
- Installs and relocates new or used equipment; evaluates
configurations, and identifies needs for wiring and cable
- Performs preventative maintenance according to established
schedules and procedures; completes associated reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronic equipment appropriate to the
- Knowledge of equipment operating procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of application, networking or system software
products specific to assignment.
- Knowledge of the theory and application of electronic and/or
- Skill in the use of specialized technical equipment and
schematics used in the diagnosis of problems to the component
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Associateís degree AND two years of related work experience; OR,
Three years of related work experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Valid Arizona
driverís license may be required for certain positions. CTIA A+
Certification, or certifiable within six months of hiring may be
required for certain positions.
Next: Technology Services Specialist Assistant Job Description