Swimming Pool Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains aquatic complex ensuring appropriate use of complex at all
times. Performs minor maintenance on aquatic equipment.
first in a series of two classifications. This class typically
reports to the Swimming Pool Operations Specialist.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares aquatic complex for use by swim team and
recreational swimmers including unlocking and removal of pool
covers and changing aquatic equipment to fit needs of swimmers
such as moving lane lines.
- Maintains pool including vacuuming, washing decks and
- Maintains general cleanliness of locker room and may assist
in maintaining order and discipline in locker room areas.
- Prepares sign-in sheets, checks patron identification and
assigns lockers to patrons.
- Performs preventative maintenance on pool equipment such as
cleaning filters, changing oil on vacuum or gas pumps, and
- Ensures safety precautions are followed in pool area and
identifies possible safety hazards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance.
- Skill in public relations practices.
year of swimming pool attendant experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Swimming Pool Operations Specialist Job Description