Survey Interviewer Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Interviews individuals to obtain and record responses to a variety
of questions of a specialized or non-routine nature.
second in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished from
the Survey Interviewer by the coordinate responsibilities and/or the
performance of more complex interviews which require that incumbents
possess more expertise and are required to deviate from the standard
questions by redefining questions based on input or lack of input
from participants. Incumbents may be required to travel as
interviewing may be performed in the participant's home.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates and/or performs
more complex interviewing.
- Reviews the work of Survey Interviewers.
- Participates in the preparation of interview materials.
- Contacts individuals to schedule interview date and time and
- Obtains relevant information by asking questions that may
not be clearly defined; records or inputs pertinent information;
reviews completed interviews for clarity.
- Tallies and/or codes information collected and verifies
accuracy of coding.
- Enters coded data into computer.
- Assists with preliminary data analysis by running checks on
computer program information of past interviews ensuring
responses from participants are entered correctly.
- Maintains study records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of research techniques.
- Knowledge of leadership and coordinate practices.
- Skill in interacting with the public.
- Skill in interviewing techniques.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
year interviewing experience, which includes working with the
public; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
been achieved. Position may require possession of a current Arizona
Type D driver's license upon employment.
Next: Swimming Pool Attendant Job Description