Subsidiary Retail Store Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates operations of a small, subsidiary retail store.
Schedules and prioritizes part-time help needed. Performs customer
service, cashiering, simple maintenance, inventory, ordering and
stocking. Balances cash register and receipts; deposits and reports
revenues. Represents store in special meetings or events.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates cash register and balances cash and receipts;
maintains necessary amounts of cash on hand; deposits and
reports revenues daily.
- Spot-checks inventory levels daily and replenishes stock
from main store inventory following established procedures;
orders stock from sales representatives within defined limits.
- Assists customers in locating items, answering questions or
refers to appropriate store; rings up sales and accepts payment
- Schedules and prioritizes part-time/student help needed;
trains and leads part-time/student workers.
- Maintains store appearance and sets up merchandise displays;
performs simple maintenance and cleaning within store.
- Opens and closes store daily following established
- Communicates activities, problems, recommendations or
pertinent developments to supervisor.
- Observes shoppers to prevent shoplifting; reports
shoplifters to campus police.
- Represents store at meetings or during special activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of retail operations and sales techniques.
- Skill in scheduling and coordinating activities of people
- Skill in basic math.
years' experience in retail sales operations or related experience
which includes one year coordinating or leading work of others; OR,
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
one year of retail sales operations experience which includes one
year coordinating or leading the work of others; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from whic
Next: Supervisor Environmental Graphic Designer Job Description