Student Services Coordinator Associate Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
general direction from Student Services Coordinator, Senior, provide
student services to the students enrolled in a degree program of
study, ensuring that the identified goals and objectives of the
program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities,
standards of quality and customer service.
the second in a series of three classifications. This position has
limited autonomy in decision making, limited supervision
responsibilities, impact on a student group within the larger
student population, and takes direction from Student Services
Examples of Duties:
- Provides administration and coordination of program
activities and services for the students in a degree program, in
conjunction with Student Services Coordinator, Senior. Interpret
program procedures, policies, goals and objectives. Counsel and
confer with students providing technical guidance, problem
solving and resolution.
- Coordinates and administers student services to enrolled
students, such as course registration, graduation processing,
petitioning, program documentation, computer accounts,
information sessions, receptions, and annual student orientation
- Maintains student records on computer-based databases;
create reports for administration; provide contact point for
enrolled student program information.
- Implements internal systems and materials for delivery of
- Liaisons with program students, faculty, staff,
administration, and internal constituencies in facilitating
program objectives. Recommends new or revised program policies,
goals and objectives; present recommendations to administration.
- Evaluates and analyzes student services' activity
effectiveness; develop recommendations; implement and take
appropriate action to ensure efficiencies and accuracy, in
conjunction with Student Services Coordinator, Senior.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, professional
development seminars, and as member of various college and
university committees. Represents program at various community
and student functions.
- Facilitates implementation of curriculum goals and
objectives as established by faculty; provide necessary
classroom setup, equipment and materials as specified; provide
staff support in production of curriculum materials.
- Supervises part-time undergraduate student assistants and
part-time graduate assistants assigned to general office
support. Provides cross training to program staff.
- Assists in development and production of program promotional
and information flyers, internal forms, and various materials to
facilitate student related activities and procedures and student
success in the program.
- Assists in development and facilitating workshops, meetings,
and seminars for students and faculty. Coordinates logistics,
scheduling and participant communications, in conjunction with
Student Services Coordinator, Senior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two
years of administrative and appropriate program experience; OR, Six
years of progressively responsible administrative and appropriate
program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Student Services Coordinator Senior Job Description