Space Planning Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and organizes the activities of personnel engaged in facilities
space planning for all departments and ensures that procedures and
other operations are consistent with current laws and university
third in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from
the Space Planner Senior in that incumbents plan and administer the
entire space planning function including full budgetary and policy
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Develops long range plans for facilities projects, schedules
work projects, monitors work in progress, and inspects finished
- Develops, establishes,and controls the methods, procedures,
and systems to increase overall effectiveness of facilities
utilization and management.
- Prepares complex and technical statistical analyses,
reports, and surveys related to space.
- Provides information and consultation on costs of planned
projects and budgetary planning related to space planning to
deans, department heads, and directors.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive
facilities management computer system.
- Reviews facilities information data and other reports to
ensure that each original project involving space planning is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of budgetary practices and principles.
- Knowledge of space utilization and facilities management.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
five years of facilities space management experience, which includes
two years' supervisory experience; OR, Associate’s degree in
Business Administration or related field AND seven years of
facilities space management experience, which includes two years'
supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Speech Pathologist Job Description