Roofer Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Installs, maintains, and repairs roofing systems. This is a journey
level classification. Working conditions include restricted
movement, dirty environment, air contamination, intense noise,
hazardous materials, or lifting or carrying heavy objects.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Repairs cracks and blisters; caulks cracks; corrects
misaligned tiles and defective flashing.
- Applies multiple "cold process" overlay and asphalt
- Installs and repairs flood coating and reflective coatings.
- Cleans roof surfaces and gutters of debris.
- Moisture-proofs stem walls, foundation walls, and planters.
- Applies multiple "hot mop" overlay and flat roof flashings.
- Schedules and coordinates roof inspections.
- Maintains preventative maintenance records.
- Maintains and stocks repair materials for several different
- Maintains/replaces all heat tape/mats relative to roof
- Maintains/repairs single-ply roofing membranes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of roofing methods, materials, and systems.
- Skills in maintaining and repairing roofs.
years of roofing experience; OR, Completion of a four year federally
approved technical training program in roofing; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Sales Assistant Job Description