Printing and Reproduction Services Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and organizes daily operations of university printing and
reproduction operations including on-campus production and
distribution of printed materials.
fifth in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor, Senior in that
incumbent has full budgetary and decision-making responsibility for
entire printing and reproduction operations. This class typically
supervises administrative and technical staff and first line
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises activities of subordinates.
- Develops long range plans for printing and reproduction
operations by considering future trends.
- Compiles statistics for annual budget; prepares budget and
submits for approval; monitors budget and allocates resources
according to budget constraints.
- Meets with users of printing and reproduction services to
assist in matching users' needs with services available such as
appropriate forms and materials.
- Reviews production statistics to evaluate performance of
services and determines direction for expansion, reduction,
elimination or continuance of services.
- Informs department personnel of changes to policies and
procedures; interprets, establishes and refines policies and
procedures for proper department operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of techniques and processes used in printing and
- Knowledge of equipment used in printing and reproduction
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
five years printing and reproduction experience which includes two
years supervisory experience; OR, Nine years progressively
responsible printing and reproduction experience which includes two
years supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Printing and Reproduction Services Specialist Job Description