Printing and Reproduction Services Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Operates bindery and photocopy equipment in the printing and
reproduction of documents. Staples, collates and stuffs envelopes.
first in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the Printing and Reproduction Services Specialist in that incumbents
spend their time performing the more routine hands-on work; the
Printing and Reproduction Services Specialists have coordinating
responsibilities and/or perform the more complex and technically
involved set-up and operation of equipment.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates various photocopy equipment in order to complete
duplication orders for copy center customers; readjusts machine
according to requirements of each copy order.
- Operates a variety of bindery equipment including high speed
stapling, binding, collating, folding, inserting, drilling and
labeling machines; adjusts machines for each job according to
paper size and alignment.
- Feeds materials into machines for stitching, folding,
ruling, gluing, roughing and indexing, as job requires.
- Performs related work such as collating, stapling,
assembling, stuffing, cutting, punching, folding and paste-ups
as job requires.
- Performs routine maintenance, adjustments and minor repairs
- Reviews job requests; schedules runs to meet deadlines;
keeps records of jobs completed for quality control.
- Loads machines with paper and supplies such as toner and
fuser oil; moves cartons of paper from supply area to machines.
- Fastens sheets together to prepare books, magazines,
bulletins and other publications using machine stapler or
inserting binding strips into punched holes.
- Processes departmental incoming and outgoing mail; prepares
mail for distribution.
- Prepares and packages jobs by stacking, boxing or wrapping
for delivery to customer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of shop safety standards and procedures.
- Knowledge in operation of binding, photocopy and/or
- Skill in routine maintenance and minor repair of equipment.
- Skill in following both verbal and written instructions.
months experience in the operation of bindery and photocopy
equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Printing and Reproduction Services Manager Job Description