Police Aide Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises and coordinates the activities of Police Aide personnel
who maintain security and safety of people and property. Conducts
briefings and coordinates training and special assignments.
third in a series of three classifications that support certified
peace officers. It is distinguished from the Police Aide, Lead
position by its supervisory responsibilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts a briefing at shift starts to inform subordinates
of pertinent information regarding campus safety/security
- Reviews reports from subordinates for completeness and
follow up action. Provides written and oral reports to
- Coordinates security scheduling with other campus
- Coordinates and monitors the maintenance of security
- Conducts internal complaint investigations.
- Oversees the scheduling of subordinates.
- Patrols campus, checking for hazards or suspicious activity.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls.
- Locks and unlocks campus buildings.
- Trains new personnel and contributes to performance
evaluations of other staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic security, police and fire inspection
- Skill in observing situations and decision-making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
- Ability to assess, delegate and lead the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
years of experience as a Police Aide or related security field; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon
Next: Police Dispatch Supervisor Job Description