Plumbing Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing
fourth in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to an Assistant Director.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises, assigns, and coordinates the work activities of
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of plumbing expenditures, and procedures for
plumbing systems maintenance.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records and submits
reports as required.
- Trains or informs employees of new work methods or
procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies, and
- Ensures budgetary guidelines are met; prioritizes
expenditures to stay within budget and assists in the
preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets University and department policies to assigned
personnel, enforces safety regulations, and adheres to proper
codes and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of the mechanics of operation of equipment such as
pumps, boilers, heaters, and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all
types of plumbing systems.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in estimating time and materials common to the trade.
years of plumbing and/or mechanical-pipefitting systems experience,
which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Police Aide Job Description