Photography Laboratory Coordinator Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates activities involving facilities and equipment of
photography laboratory facilities. Monitors laboratory facilities,
budgets, inventory and equipment.
second in a series of two classifications. Incumbents in this
classification are distinguished from the Photography Laboratory
Coordinator in that the Photography Laboratory Coordinator Senior
coordinates operations of several large facilities used by
university photography students and sets up new facilities from
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates daily activities of several photography
laboratories including scheduling, usage and supervision of
laboratory student monitors.
- Monitors photography laboratory facilities budgets ensuring
expenditures are within budgetary limitations.
- Monitors maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities
and ensures equipment is in working condition; arranges for
repair of equipment or facilities as required.
- Assists students utilizing photography laboratories; answers
question, resolve problems and instruct in appropriate
processing methods and techniques.
- Maintains computerized inventory of photography laboratory
equipment and supplies for all facilities; determines demand for
additional equipment and supplies and orders according to
established department procedures.
- Provides demonstrations to photography classes per faculty
request regarding proper usage of facilities and techniques of
- Sets up new laboratory facilities from inception as
- Assists with development of laboratory policies and
procedures such as equipment check out procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in methods and techniques of photography
and photo processing.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Photography or related field AND one year
experience in photography and darkroom; OR, Five years experience in
photography and darkroom coordination; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Piano Technician Job Description