Media Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Schedules and maintains various audiovisual equipment. Provides
training in equipment operations to faculty, staff and students.
first in a series of four classifications. It is distinguished from
the second level in that it does not set up complex media equipment
for conferences at off site locations.
Examples of Duties:
- Schedules and arranges for use of audiovisual equipment for
faculty, staff and students upon request; maintains reservation
schedule including type of equipment, time needed and time
scheduled to return.
- Checks outgoing and incoming equipment for damages or
- Performs preventative maintenance and cleaning on
audiovisual equipment and minor repairs equipment as needed.
- Provides instruction to faculty, staff and students in
regard to audiovisual equipment operation; sets up audiovisual
equipment according to needs of requesting person(s),
determining needs according to size of facility and audience.
- Assists Media Technician, Senior or supervisor with computer
interfacing and audio and videosystem interface.
- Maintains supply inventory including equipment parts and
various other supplies and orders according to established
- Videotapes classes, lectures or other events as requested.
- Catalogs, and maintains, and may repair slides and films as
- Monitor and maintain closed circuit television.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of audiovisual cataloging techniques.
- Knowledge and skill in the operation and repair of
Associate's degree or two years technical training in related field;
OR, Two years experience in the operation and maintenance of a
variety of audiovisual equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Media Technician Senior Job Description