Maintenance Scheduler Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Schedules, inspects, and maintains status of work requests and
preventative maintenance program. This is a skilled classification.
first in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Inspects equipment in order to repair or set up preventative
- Schedules and coordinates facility, equipment, and utility
- Formulates weekly schedule of estimated jobs and assigns to
appropriate shops; coordinates with material control on material
- Schedules maintenance requests for various shops based on
- Reviews and enters work orders into a computer in order to
automate the scheduling process.
- Reports status of all shutdowns and preventative maintenance
- Provides technical direction to employees of shops
performing preventative maintenance, and inspects results.
- Coordinates weekly scheduling meeting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all types of building materials.
- Knowledge of electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical
- Skill in reading blueprints and performing drafting.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments.
- Skill in establishing effective working relationships.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of experience in general construction work; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Maintenance Scheduler
Supervisor Job Description