HVAC Refrigeration Technician Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the work of journey level HVAC Mechanics and trades helpers, and
participates in the repair, maintenance, inspection, and
installation of systems and journey level crafts projects.
third in a series of five classifications. This classification
typically reports to an HVAC Assistant Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Assigns and inspects the work of HVAC/Refrigeration
Mechanics and trades helpers; initiates corrective actions to
secure satisfactory standards and timely project completion.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records; submits
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Assists in performance evaluation process.
- Participates in maintenance, repair, and installation duties
in the trades.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to
- Knowledge of all applicable codes standards and regulations.
- Skill in installation, repair and maintenance of all systems
and assignments common to the trade.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work
years of progressively responsible HVAC or refrigeration equipment
installation, maintenance and repair experience; OR, Completion of a
four year federally approved technical training program in the
installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration
equipment AND three years of HVAC or refrigeration installation,
maintenance and repair experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may require
Chloroflourocarbons Certification upon employment. Some positions
may require a current Arizona driver's license upon employment.
Next: HVAC Service Worker Job Description