General Maintenance Mechanic Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
crew in the repair and maintenance of machinery, plumbing, physical
structure, and electrical wiring and fixtures.
second in a series of five classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Coordinates and assigns work to others in the performance of
mechanical, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, carpentry,
painting repair, and maintenance.
- Inspects the work of others and initiates corrective
measures to meet established standards.
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Maintains labor and cost records, and requisitions materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building and equipment maintenance/repair
- Skill in applying building and equipment maintenance/repair
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in leading and/or coordinating the work activities of
self and others.
years of general maintenance and repair experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Some
positions in this classification may be required to obtain a current
Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment. Some positions in
this classification may be required to obtain an Environmental
Protection Agency Type 1 refrigeration license upon employment.
Next: General Maintenance Supervisor Job Description