Facilities Project Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates facilities projects, both renovation and new
construction from the initiation stage through planning, design, and
construction with all involved agencies.
the first in a series of two classifications. This job does not have
any supervisory responsibilities, but does coordinate projects
between a college/department and the universityís facilities
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates renovations between the proponent user and all
appropriate ASU service groups and outside agencies, ensuring
procedures and materials comply with specifications; observes
work in progress to gauge timeliness, conformance with
requirements, and acceptable workmanship.
- Interviews proponent user to collect information for
designing their renovation plan, accounting for all required
services and construction.
- Provides cost estimates for manpower, materials, and
equipment for renovation designs.
- Attends pre-construction conferences and reviews contract
- Reviews contract plans and specifications for conformance to
- Obtains approvals and submits all paperwork to appropriate
agencies where required for renovation designs.
- Consults with the user in general laboratory systems design
and parts acquisition, including special acid sinks, strain
gauges, and measurement equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance and service issues with Physical
Facilities where required.
- Creates and updatse space characteristic database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management
processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, and methods.
- Knowledge of estimating, budgeting, and scheduling
- Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice.
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications
and comparing them with construction in progress.
- Skill in construction inspection.
- Skill with using computers, including word-processing and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelorís degree in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, or Structural
Engineering or related field AND three years of construction
experience; OR, Seven years of progressively responsible
construction experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills,
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Facilities Project Manager Job Description