Events Coordinator Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Schedules and coordinates various types of public and athletic
events and services for numerous community organizations. Arranges
all aspects of events such as security, technical arrangements,
various services and staffing. Incumbents in this classification are
required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate
and attend evening and weekend events. Maintains on-call status.
third in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the first level in that incumbents in this classification coordinate
a wide variety of large events each having varied preparatory
Examples of Duties:
- Books and schedules facility and services for use by campus
and outside organizations; negotiates and prepares rental
contract determining fees and terms of contract; estimates costs
and determines event budget.
- Coordinates with renter to determine technical and/or other
special requirements needed for event; determines resources
available such as equipment or labor and compares with event
requirements; coordinates obtainment of additional resources
needed such as equipment rental.
- Serves as facility representative during events by
responding to and resolving emergency situations and/or patron
problems such as medical emergencies or security incidents;
ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled
according to plans.
- Assists with settlement of event by providing information
and determining fiscal accuracy of fees.
- Maintains direct contact with personnel of various outside
organizations and university departments associated with
- Represents university in public relations/liaison capacity
on matters relating to events and at department meetings.
- Coordinates souvenir sales with event promoter; oversees
setup of souvenir stands; determines sales volume and percentage
of sales received as revenue.
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Coordinates event logistics by insuring proper set-up of
chairs, turnstiles, tables and other requirements. Arranges
adequate medical and security coverage.
- Monitors, determines and/or arranges physical maintenance of
facility as required; oversees daily security of facility.
- Provides assistance and information to faculty, staff and
outside organizations regarding facility use and capabilities.
Maintains contact with patrons or clients via telephone or
- Performs functions related to specific facility assigned
such as tracking event attendance, development of facility
brochures or other unique projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles and
- Knowledge in scheduling, box office operations and contract
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of technical requirements for various events.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Skill in organization required coordinating several events
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
three years of facility and/or service administration and
coordination experience; OR, Seven years of progressively
responsible experience in facility and/or service administration and
coordination; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Executive Assistant Job Description