Events Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Schedules and coordinates public and athletic events, seminars,
conferences and services for campus and/or community organizations.
Arranges various aspects of events such as security of conference
room reservations, technical requirements parking, staffing or
various other services. Incumbents are required to maintain a
flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and
weekend events. Maintains on-call status.
second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished
from the Events Coordinator, Senior in that incumbents in this
classification coordinate, for the most part, a singular type of
event such as musical or athletic events that have similar
Examples of Duties:
- Schedules facilities and services for university and outside
organizations' events; maintains weekly and monthly facility
activities calendar; updates calendar as required.
- Recommends to supervisor approval or denial of facility
rental for specific events by reviewing rental applications.
- Coordinates with renter's management to negotiate rental
costs and determine requirements of renter in regard to
technical, security and/or other requirements.
- Ensures adequate staffing for events and schedules set-up,
technical, stage and other crews accordingly; supervises crews
- Provides assistance and information to faculty, staff and
outside organizations regarding facility use and capabilities.
Maintains contact with patrons of clients via telephone or
- Represents university in public relations/liaison capacity
on matters relating to events and at departmental meetings.
- Attends events to facilitate operations and responds to
emergencies, problems, etc., ensures all aspects of events are
implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Maintains direct contact with personnel from the various
outside organizations and university departments associated with
- Coordinates conferences and/or requested services including
reserving conference rooms, determining catering needs,
preparing conference materials, tracking various expenditures
and revenues, collecting fees and maintaining any necessary
- Coordinates, determines and/or arranges physical maintenance
of facility as required; oversees daily security of facility;
checks work of staff assigned in these areas.
- Maintains inventory of facility/department equipment.
- Compiles material for event program; maintains mailing lists
for distribution of event calendar or other pertinent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of scheduling, box office operations and contract
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Skill in organization in order to coordinate several events
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
two years of experience in facility and/or service administration
and coordination; OR, Six years of experience in facility and/or
service administration and coordination; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Events Coordinator Assistant Job Description