Custodian Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
custodians in performing custodial cleaning assignments.
second in a series of five classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Custodial Area Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Coordinates, assigns, and inspects the work activities of a
group of custodial employees.
- Schedules and inspects the work of floor cleaning, window
cleaning, and other special crews.
- Coordinates the physical preparation for concerts, dances,
registration, and other special events held at the university.
- Recommends purchase of cleaning equipment and materials and
maintain a supply storeroom.
- Recommends new methods to promote efficiency and reduce
costs; and initiates training programs for custodial employees.
- Participates in cleaning activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques, and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in coordinating the work activities of assigned staff.
- Skill in using cleaning products and equipment.
years of custodial experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Data Input Operator Job Description