Custodial Services Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises custodians in the planning and coordinating of a
fifth in a series of five classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Plans and coordinates the activities of the custodial work
- Monitors the inspection of buildings and facilities to
ensure standards are being met.
- Recommends and administers the work standards and practices
- Prepares and implements policies and procedures for
- Prepares and monitors department's budget.
- Determines priorities and schedules major custodial
- Serves as a liaison for the custodial area to campus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques, and
- Knowledge of training, coordinating, and supervisory
practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Skill in supervising the work activites ofothers.
years of custodial experience which included three years in a
supervisory capacity; OR, Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration or related field AND three years of supervisory
custodial experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Custodian Job Description