Carpenter Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the work of journey level Carpenters and Trades Helpers, and
participates in the repair, maintenance, inspection, and
installation of systems and journey level crafts projects.
second in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to an Assistant Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Assigns and inspects the work of Carpenters and Trades
Helpers; initiates corrective actions to secure satisfactory
standards and timely project completion.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Keeps time, payroll, and material records, and submits
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Assists in performance evaluation process.
- Participates in maintenance, repair, and installation duties
in the trades.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, standards, and
- Skill in installation, repair, and maintenance of all
systems and assignments common to the trade.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work
- Skill in leading the work activities of subordinates.
years of progressively responsible carpentry experience; OR,
Completion of a four year federally approved technical training
program AND three years of carpentry experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which c
Next: Carpentry Assistant Supervisor Job Description