Athletic Equipment Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
athletic equipment to athletes, coaches, students and/or faculty.
Maintains athletic equipment and performs minor repairs as needed.
first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from
the second level in that incumbents do not have supervisory
responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification are required to
maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate evening and
weekend athletic events or practices depending on sporting season.
Examples of Duties:
- Distributes various athletic equipment to athletes, coaches,
students and faculty; maintains records of equipment issued.
- Maintains athletic equipment to insure readiness for
sporting events and practices; launders uniforms and practice
clothing; repairs equipment such as rips and tears and performs
other maintenance duties as equipment requires.
- Issues lockers, assigns locks and assists with maintaining
overall cleanliness of locker room.
- Assists in fitting athletic equipment.
- Determines supplies required for equipment maintenance such
as laundry soap and procures according to department procedures.
- Prepares, packs and loads clothing and equipment for out of
town sporting events.
- Maintains inventory of equipment for one or more sports
- Assists with the preparation of facilities for
intercollegiate athletic team practices.
- Coordinates work of student equipment attendants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletic equipment care and maintenance
- Knowledge of inventory methods.
- Skill in following both verbal and written instructions.
prior experience required.
Next: Athletic Equipment Manager Job Description