Assistant Donor Database Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs a variety of skilled work specializing in the maintenance
of donor records utilizing the Paciolan donor database.
a specialized class and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Updates donor accounts to include: pledge information,
payments, merging accounts, refunds, upgrades and cancellations
of ticket requests, seat changes, address changes.
- Develops operational strategy relative to tagging accounts
in Paciolan system. Creates Paciolan-specific queries and
searches. Writes and runs Paciolan reports to include customer
requests and other canned reports.
- Collaborates with Sun Devil Athletic Ticket Office in
utilizing the SVCALC to determine accurate seat-related gift
values. Updates and maintains SVCALC.
- Prepares and distributes gift acknowledgement letters daily
by creating specific requests from Paciolan, downloading to
Excel and creating mail merges.
- Creates and sends daily reports to ASU Foundation with new
donor information. Coordinates gifts with ASU Foundation.
- Oversees Matching Gift & Gift-in-Kind processes, ensuring
forms are signed, Paciolan entries are made accurately, and
acknowledgements for all gifts received are mailed weekly.
- Makes entries into Paciolan of Capital Campaign
- Is responsible for transfers, including fund development
transfers between the Sun Angel Foundation, the Athletic Ticket
Office, and the Athletic Business Office.
- Performs monthly sweeps of restricted gifts to the ASU
Foundation, ensuring with the Athletic Business Office that
money is deposited into correct restricted account.
- Prepares and distributes batch reports weekly of annual fund
gifts to the ICA Business Office, Arizona Foundation, Sun Angel
Foundation. Reports include checks and cash donations,
gifts-in-kind, matching gifts, soft credit, and credit card
- Maintains Paciolan files for: Memorial gifts entries,
sending acknowledgements from Sun Angel Foundation to the
donors; Golden, Silver, and Maroon Benefits lists; gift
exemption spreadsheet; check return spreadsheets, mailing
appropriate letters to include incorrect payee letters; and
automatic payment plans.
- Is responsible for sending reminders to all ICA staff prior
to each drive.
- Maintains all files for audits. Maintains backups for all
- Oversees and performs all billings related to donors who pay
monthly through credit cards utilizing Paciolan.
- Assists with invoicing of SAF and Athletic Ticket Office
- May train and lead student workers and volunteers on
Paciolan and with customer service as relates to Sun Angel
- May assist with events, mass mailings, and customer service
and reception duties as requested.
- Performs additional duties as requested by Donor Database
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and terminology.
- Knowledge of foundation giving and donor practices.
- Skill in use of Paciolan and Benefactor databases.
- Skill in creating reports.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize activities and to
effectively meet deadlines while working under extreme time
(5) years of increasingly responsible office experience which
includes two (2) years in a directly related function; OR, an
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Assistant Equipment Operations Coordinator Job Description