Assistant Athletic Operations Facilities Services
Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
independently coordinating activities and functions of Athletic
Operations and Facilities (AOF) to ensure that goals and objectives
are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time constraints,
funding limitations, and University policies. Makes recommendations
for the resolution of issues and provides follow-up. Adheres to NCAA
and PAC-10 rules and regulations as well as the policies of the
department, the university and the Arizona Board of Regents.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates, monitors, and supervises performance of
subordinates, providing recognition for high level performance
and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures are adhered to
by staff and vendors.
- Makes recommendations for development and implementation of
departmental policies and procedures. Creates and maintains
departmental procedure manual, updating as necessary.
- Develops, implements, and revises work methods and
procedures ensuring the efficient function of the unit.
- Coordinates work order requests, purchase orders, and any
special projects as assigned by AOF administrators. Applies
functional knowledge and analyses in responding to all such
requests, utilizing comprehensive knowledge of policies and
procedures in prioritizing processes.
- Monitors work orders for tracking of progress and costing in
order to improve processes.
- Initiates and coordinates difficult projects with other
departments as well as outside vendors and interacts with other
departmental and vendor personnel to accomplish objectives and
meet needs and requests.
- Analyzes and independently resolves complaints and/or
problems related to work order requests, event staging, and
invoices. Responds either verbally or in writing to all
inquiries, complaints, problems.
- Prepares data collection, analysis, and creates reports
relating to work orders and departmental budgets.
- Reconciles work order charges, purchase orders, invoices and
budgets with work order requests and event staging for all sport
tournaments and bowl games held at ASU facilities.
- Serves as liaison between AOF and outside vendors, FACMAN,
and other organizations.
- Obtains work estimates for all work orders and presents
comparisons to the staff members responsible for the decision
- Initiates and processes purchase orders through the
university business office for all work orders and event
staffing for each fiscal year.
- Processes payroll for AOF, submitting spreadsheets with
accurate payroll accounts in a timely manner meeting posted
- Administers the P-card process for AOF.
- Coordinates all Independent Contractor paperwork, adhering
to policies and procedures.
- Coordinates staff for command posts at all home football
- Maintains departmental documentation and files for AOF,
following guidelines as indicated in applicable policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of institutional policies, procedures, and
terminology specific to area.
- Knowledge of NCAA and PAC-10 rules and regulations related
to athletic events staging.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Knowledge of account reconciliation and budgeting.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities
of self and others.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions on the spot
under time constraints.
Bachelorís degree in appropriate field and three (3) years
administrative/coordinating experience; OR, seven (7) years
progressively responsible administrative/coordinating experience;
OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from
which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been
Next: Assistant Donor Database Coordinator Job Description