Ticket Sales Representative Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Generates ticket sales and creates a business network for Premium
Seating, Season and Group Tickets for the ASU Athletic Department in
adherence with NCAA and PAC 10 rules and regulations, Arizona Board
of Regents, University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletic
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Makes outbound calls to solicit prospective athletic ticket
purchasers to generate sales.
- Responds to inbound sales calls, responds to inquiries and
provides information and/or follow up materials as requested.
- Develops and manages a business network for future sales
prospects through leads and referrals.
- Prepares weekly sales activity reports.
- Identifies potential leads and potential sales
- Represents ASU to alumni and other prospective ticket
purchasers by explaining features and benefits associated with
- Serves as liaison between customer and ASU ticket area to
- Maintains knowledge of ticket plan programs as well as
ticket holder preferences.
- Provides feedback and/or suggestions based on prospective
ticket purchaser feedback/requests.
- Participates in a variety of promotional and sales
activities designed to meet specific targets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques of sales
and up selling.
- Knowledge of ASU athletic programs.
- Knowledge of the standards and techniques of customer
- Skill in clearly communicating ticket program benefits to
close a sale.
- Skill in developing and nurturing network of sales leads and
- Skill in delivering sales presentation to various audiences.
- Ability to meet established sales quotas and/or promotional
- Ability to work in an inside sales environment subject to
extended periods of high volume telephone contact.
Associate's degree in Business or closely related field with three
(3) months sales/telemarketing experience in sports tickets,
sponsorships or program sales; OR, Any equivalent combination
education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Tour Coordinator Job Description