Testing Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates and plans for administration of classroom tests
requiring special arrangements and/or standardized testing programs.
Ensures adequate staffing and inventory of testing materials.
second in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished from
the Testing Proctor by the supervisory and coordination
responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification work
independently in the determination of date and time of tests and
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, and coordinates activities of
- Interprets testing policies and procedures; provides related
information to students, staff, faculty or others.
- Administers standardized tests or tests requiring special
accommodations or times; ensures proper completion of forms,
checks student identification, answers instructional questions,
distributes and times test; may determine proper test to
- Ensures security of testing materials and reports any
violations for disciplinary action to appropriate individual.
- Administers tests to disabled students ensuring appropriate
accommodations for student's disability.
- Maintains adequate inventory of testing materials including
necessary forms and tests; prepares testing materials for
- Processes necessary paperwork upon exam completion in order
to ensure documentation of students' test scores; maintains
various records, logs and testing files.
- Determines if student is eligible to take exam; collects
- Monitors expenditures to ensure budget allowances are not
- Coordinates test administration; determines testing date and
makes arrangements for testing facility.
- Prepares reports of test results for appropriate person(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of testing policies and procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
year experience in testing administration; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Textbook Area Supervisor Job Description