Television Production Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and supervises television production activities including
production, budget, personnel and equipment.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Incumbents in
this classification must perform work within strict broadcasting
deadlines. Typically supervises technical crew in performance of
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Manages all production activities and operations for a
television station including studio and remote site productions
including scheduling equipment and personnel.
- Consults with producers and directors to determine most
efficient execution of production design including staging and
lighting environment for television productions.
- Prepares cost estimates for equipment and labor in
preparation of production budget; monitors production budgets.
- Directs technical production staff in set-up and operation
of remote site production activities; maintains production
standards and quality control.
- Produces and directs special events or projects.
- Participates in annual station budget preparation and
provides input in long range television production planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of broadcast rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of production and technical standards.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Radio/Television or related field AND four
years experience in the operation of television production services
which includes two years supervisory experience; OR, Eight years
experience in the operation of television production services which
includes two years supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Television Program Manager Job Description