Technology Services Specialist Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises equipment services repair facility including lower level
technicians and engineers. Maintains a high level of customer
satisfaction. Develops an effective staff of technicians and support
staff. Assists department manager with accomplishing administrative
goals and objectives.
fifth in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the lower level positions by the supervisory and administrative
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Supervises and sets priorities of field service personnel in
normal and special maintenance, repair, configurations, and
installation of electronic office equipment.
- Consults with departments regarding maintenance agreements
and repairs to equipment, provides proposals, cost estimates,
- Assists with writing and adherence of department budgets.
- Assists with long-term department planning and policy
- Assists with approval and processing of accounts payable and
- Plans, approves, and implements staffing requirements.
- Coordinates installation activities.
- Markets organizational service and sales offerings to
- Reviews, analyzes, and identifies sources and purchases
parts, tools, or supplies needed for repair and maintenance of
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronic equipment appropriate to the
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in staff development.
Associate’s degree and seven years of related work experience
including at least three years of lead experience; OR, Eight years
of related work experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Technology Support Analyst Job Description